For both on and off-road cycling the Loch Lomond & Trossachs area offers a huge variety of routes and terrain for many abilities.
* Maps To Borrow
* Cycle Route Suggestions
* Cycle Rack Storage
* Hose pipe and clean down area
Families may enjoy gentle routes including the West Loch Lomond cycle path from Balloch to Tarbet (17mi/26km each way) - one option is to cycle north and take the train back or why not enjoy a spot of lunch and paddle on the beach at Luss before returning home. In each cottage we have comprehensive information on routes, cycle hire and local cycling facilities. We also have hose pipe and clean down areas if you and your bike get a little muddy on your outings!
In the immediate vicinity of the cottages we can recommend routes of varying distances either for off road cyclists or along some of the quieter roads. We are very close to Sustrans route 7, which gives options of cycling towards Glasgow to the south or heading to the Trossachs going north.
Another great family favourite is the Loch Katrine cycle path where you can either cycle a few kilometres on a traffic-free tarmaced path or cycle the full north shore route and then catch the steamer service back to your starting point.
For mountain bikers there are several areas of forest tracks in the Carron Valley near Stirling, up at David Marshall Lodge and in the Queen Elizabeth Forst Park by Aberfoyle. Maps and information are in the cottages.
Cycle hire is available at Balloch, Tarbet and Loch Katrine (including trailers and tag alongs).
If you are travelling to the cottages solely by cycle we are 4 miles from the nearest railway station, Balloch, which is served by a twice-hourly service from Glasgow. If you would like help transferring your baggage at the start or end of your stay please let us know and we shall do our best to help.
We have cycle racks by the cottages for up to 10 bikes so that your bikes can be stowed securely during your stay.
Please contact us directly if you have any questions about cycling or other activities.
- Wow, in a bad way. Why on earth is this allowed, the justification for this decision is nonsense, it’s still dumpin… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 13 hours ago
- RT @WillFealey: Yo @elonmusk, can Tesla buy this factory in the UK? bbc.co.uk/news/business-… Thanks, all current and future Tesla owners in the UK. 13 hours ago
- Worth a look at their tour dates across the UK. twitter.com/RossAndAli/s… 1 day ago
- @FoodieExplore @nilsfrahm A fabulous show, such immense quality 1 day ago in reply to FoodieExplore