Booking Terms & Conditions
1. When you confirm your holiday by the payment of a deposit you are entering into a contract with us. The deposit is 25% of the rental sum and is non-refundable. The balance is payable 6 weeks prior to your arrival date.
2. If you require to cancel a reservation for any reason you must notify us and confirm it in writing or by email. In the event that cancellation is made within 6 weeks of the commencement of the holiday, the booker is responsible for the full cost of the let unless we are able to let to another party. If the cancellation is more than 6 weeks prior to the arrival date you are responsible for the deposit sum. If we are able to re-let we shall refund you the sum at which we are able to re-let which may be less than you paid. A charge of £50 will also be deducted to cover bank charges and administration.
3. The accommodation may be used for the purposes of a private holiday only and no sub-letting or other transfer of the property is permitted. The maximum occupancy of the cottage(s) may not be exceeded, for The Old Dairy this is 4 people, for Curlew Cottage this is 8 people, unless agreed in writing prior to arrival.
4. The cottages are not an event venue and no permission is granted for hosting events such as weddings, parties, photo shoots, commercial functions or similar.
5. The period of hire commences at 4pm on the day of arrival and expires at 10am on the day of departure unless we have agreed otherwise by email or in writing.
6. The hirer is responsible for the repair or replacement of any breakages, loss or damage and shall leave the property in a clean, neat and tidy condition. Please notify the owners at the earliest opportunity of any breakages, loss, damage or omissions in the property so that we may resolve the issue.
7. Fireworks, sky lanterns and bonfires are not permitted.
8. Bookings of either or both cottages are subject to payment of a security deposit to be paid in advance of the commencement date. Part or all of this sum will be retained in the event of a breach of any of these terms, any damage or exceptional cleaning. The sum is refundable following cleaning of the cottage and will be returned by cheque or bank payment in the same manner as it was received by us. The sum for The Old Dairy is £100, for Curlew Cottage is £200 and for bookings of both cottages the sum is £300.
9. No responsibility is accepted for loss, damage, injury or illness to person or property (including cars, accessories or contents) whilst on the property arising from any cause whatsoever.
10. We reserve the right to terminate the let of either cottage in the event that any person occupying or visiting the property causes disturbance or nuisance and we reserve the right to refuse admission to any person for any reason and, if appropriate, a pro rata refund of any monies already paid will be given.
11. Bookings cannot be accepted from anyone under the age of 18.
12. We believe that the information on our website is correct but cannot accept responsibility for errors or misunderstandings.
13. The cottages are non-smoking.
14. A maximum of two dogs per booking are permitted subject to prior arrangement and should be kept under control and on a lead at the property. Please clean up after your dog(s). Dogs should not be left unattended in or at the property, nor are permitted on beds, soft furnishings and the upper floors of the cottages. No other pets are permitted.
15. We strongly recommend that you arrange your own travel and cancellation insurance to provide for refund in the event of illness or unforeseen circumstances causing cancellation. We can only continue to emphasise the importance of this. If you fall ill, for any reason, before your arrival, are awaiting test results or have been told to isolate you will need to cancel. Refunds will be given in accordance with the standard terms and conditions whereby if we are able to relet a refund will be given (less £50 to cover costs and admin).
16. COVID19 Specific - In addition to our standard terms and conditions we can also confirm that if travel restrictions or lockdown exist where guests are unable to leave their home (the booking address) or if the cottages are unable to accept guests because of restrictions or lockdown at the cottages then we shall offer a change of dates or refund.
17. The lead booking person is fully responsible for ensuring all member of their party are fully aware of and compliant with the terms and conditions.