The Old Dairy is a beautifully renovated red sandstone building
dating from the mid-1850s which has been converted into a cottage
sleeping up to 4 people in 2 bedrooms.
As with Curlew Cottage the renovation is to the highest standard to provide comfortable holiday accommodation whilst still retaining features of the original architecture. The cottage is highly insulated with underfloor heating to provide the best year round comfort levels.
The open-plan kitchen, dining and sitting room is wonderfully bright with large windows looking out on open countryside. Whether lingering over breakfast or enjoying the cosiness of the wood-burning stove in the evening the cottage has been designed for comfort during your holiday. The kitchen area is modern and well equipped for your holiday needs with oven, ceramic hob, fridge, dish washer and washing machine together with a wide selection of pots, pans, utensils and kitchenware.
There are 2 bedrooms in The Old Dairy, one on the ground floor with twin beds and one on the upper floor with a double bed and en-suite WC and washbasin. Adjacent to the ground floor bedroom is the family bathroom which provides a bath with shower over as well as a WC and washbasin. Both bathrooms have heated towel radiators. Crisp white cotton bedding is used throughout with attractive individual finishing touches in each room.
Freeview TV, DVD player, iPod docking station and digital radio are provided for entertainment along with a selection of books, DVDs and games.
Duvets, bed linen, bathroom towels and tea towels are provided.
"The Old Dairy is an amazing and wonderful cottage and a comfortable place to relax, my family and I loved it."
– Khalid, Saudi Arabia
"An excellent stay at The Old Dairy. We loved every aspect - from the fresh eggs to the cosy fire and picturesque views."
– Lucy, Tash, Anna, Cas (Buckinghamshire and Canada)
Children are important guests at East Cambusmoon. We like to leave a basket of age appropriate toys and books for the younger ones. See families with younger children for further details.
Outside The Old Dairy the patio area adjoins fields and has long views towards The Campsie Hills. Low shrub planting has been undertaken to create an area of improved habitat to encourage greater biodiversity around the farm. Garden table and seating is provided alongwith a barbecue for those long summer evenings. There is a selection of herbs for your use and eggs from the owner’s hens are available (in season).
There is ample car parking for several cars with some parking under cover. There is also a storage area for bicycles and trailers should you be bringing those with you.
A basket of logs and kindling is provided free of charge for the wood burning stove.
The Old Dairy is a non-smoking property.
At a Glance
- Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms
- 1 family bathroom plus 1 en-suite
- Bright open-plan kitchen, dining & sitting room
- Great for couples & small families/groups
- Long open countryside views
- Unlimited free WiFi, Freeview TV, DVD player & DAB radio
- Duvets, bed linen, bathroom towels and tea towels provided
- Welcome pack on arrival
- Wood burning stove & free logs
- Patio with garden furniture & BBQ
- Electric Vehicle charge point (Type 2, 7kW)
- Cycle racks
- Washing machine
- @hvasspastrychef @eusebi_deli Looks amazing Helen 1 day ago in reply to hvasspastrychef
- @FelicityCloake Research complete - mature cheddar comes out in some slices but my sample piece was wider than the… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 day ago in reply to FelicityCloake
- @FelicityCloake Ok, back soon. 1 day ago in reply to FelicityCloake
- @BreacHouse @UniqueAscent @kdassoc That would be fabulous, you’ll be very welcome. I know @CoruiskHouse and I enjoy… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 1 day ago in reply to BreacHouse