Electricity at East Cambusmoon Farm is generated on site from five solar arrays totalling 23kWpk capacity, 16.2kWpk of which is monitored below (we're working on adding the rest to our monitoring system!).
The PV panels produce as much energy as we use at the farm, which includes our own house, the two holiday cottages, an office and outbuildings. When we need to import more power, this comes from a 100% renewable supplier, whilst excess power generated by the PV panels is used to charge our (or our guests')electric car or exported back to the grid.
The cottages have been renovated to a very high standard of energy efficiency, being well insulated and draught free. Heating and hot water are provided by a combination of a ground source heat pump and solar thermal panels.
"We have been amazed at how warm the cottages have been."
– The Smiths & The Carruths
- @mspens @Scotlandteam Were you at the ground? Amazing to be there but am also looking forward to seeing some tv footage of it 23 hours ago in reply to mspens
- Fabulous game at Murrayfield #SCOvENG going home and may well watch it again, am so absolutely chuffed at the resu… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 23 hours ago
- Late availability offers for both cottages, check your dates and book online. lochlomondholidaycottage… 1 day ago
- @Sapere_vivere Thanks, just heard the commentary. Hadn’t realised but it still looks v tall! 1 day ago in reply to Sapere_vivere