Electricity at East Cambusmoon Farm is generated on site from five solar arrays totalling 23kWpk capacity, 16.2kWpk of which is monitored below (we're working on adding the rest to our monitoring system!).
The PV panels produce as much energy as we use at the farm, which includes our own house, the two holiday cottages, an office and outbuildings. When we need to import more power, this comes from a 100% renewable supplier, whilst excess power generated by the PV panels is used to charge our (or our guests')electric car or exported back to the grid.
The cottages have been renovated to a very high standard of energy efficiency, being well insulated and draught free. Heating and hot water are provided by a combination of a ground source heat pump and solar thermal panels.
"We have been amazed at how warm the cottages have been."
– The Smiths & The Carruths
- When not clad in cloud the view is this! Ben Lomond with a snowy cap. 18 hours ago
- Despite the heavy rain we are laying turf to create a beautiful area to sit out and admire the vista of Ben Lomond… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 18 hours ago
- RT @traidcraft: @lochlomondhol Great choice for welcome goodies - We hope your guests have been enjoying them! 21 hours ago
- Fab feelgood article for a Saturday morning. Remember too, #dogswelcome at our cottages. Perfect walking country he… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 days ago