Electricity at East Cambusmoon Farm is generated on site from five solar arrays totalling 23kWpk capacity, 16.2kWpk of which is monitored below (we're working on adding the rest to our monitoring system!).
The PV panels produce as much energy as we use at the farm, which includes our own house, the two holiday cottages, an office and outbuildings. When we need to import more power, this comes from a 100% renewable supplier, whilst excess power generated by the PV panels is used to charge our (or our guests')electric car or exported back to the grid.
The cottages have been renovated to a very high standard of energy efficiency, being well insulated and draught free. Heating and hot water are provided by a combination of a ground source heat pump and solar thermal panels.
"We have been amazed at how warm the cottages have been."
– The Smiths & The Carruths
- RT @Aspinall_Ink: Highly recommended! A fab place to stay - and dog- friendly too 🐾 twitter.com/lochlomondho… 2 days ago
- @Solo_Mo @NewLookHelp Good luck dear lady. We think we’re sorted but the truth will out for us on Wednesday evening… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 days ago in reply to Solo_Mo
- Scottish school holidays coming to a close in the next week 😥 It’s been a fabulous Summer of sunshine, sport and h… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 2 days ago
- RT @lomondtrossachs: Plus the @Glasgow2018 Open Water Swimming in Loch Lomond. Men and women’s 25km 🏊♀️ 🏊🏻♂️ ....the big one! Come alo… twitter.com/i/web/status… 2 days ago