Electricity at East Cambusmoon Farm is generated on site from five solar arrays totalling 23kWpk capacity, 16.2kWpk of which is monitored below (we're working on adding the rest to our monitoring system!).
The PV panels produce as much energy as we use at the farm, which includes our own house, the two holiday cottages, an office and outbuildings. When we need to import more power, this comes from a 100% renewable supplier, whilst excess power generated by the PV panels is used to charge our (or our guests')electric car or exported back to the grid.
The cottages have been renovated to a very high standard of energy efficiency, being well insulated and draught free. Heating and hot water are provided by a combination of a ground source heat pump and solar thermal panels.
"We have been amazed at how warm the cottages have been."
– The Smiths & The Carruths
- Wow, in a bad way. Why on earth is this allowed, the justification for this decision is nonsense, it’s still dumpin… twitter.com/i/web/status… … 13 hours ago
- RT @WillFealey: Yo @elonmusk, can Tesla buy this factory in the UK? bbc.co.uk/news/business-… Thanks, all current and future Tesla owners in the UK. 13 hours ago
- Worth a look at their tour dates across the UK. twitter.com/RossAndAli/s… 1 day ago
- @FoodieExplore @nilsfrahm A fabulous show, such immense quality 1 day ago in reply to FoodieExplore