Your countryside escape starts here
You’ve heard of Hygge. You’ve maybe even heard of “coorie” — the Scottish version which evokes snuggling up somewhere cosy or finding joy in simple pleasures.
At East Cambusmoon Holiday Cottages we joyfully embrace both concepts — as you’ll see the moment you step through the front door of your luxury, eco-friendly cottage.
The Old Dairy and Curlew Cottage both have everything you need to enjoy a comfortable, relaxing, restorative break.
Inside and out, we’ve designed the cottages to be as sustainable as possible while also offering the comfort and luxury you want from your well-earned break. Interiors are cosy yet fresh, with lots of open space for unwinding with a good book, playing games with the family, or enjoying a relaxing movie night.
Relax Reconnect Re-energise
We firmly believe in leaning into the seasons here. That’s why you’ll be able to curl up on a comfy couch in front of the wood burner as you savour a freshly-brewed coffee during the depths of winter — or tuck into an alfresco breakfast on the patio, with our freshly-laid eggs and homemade bread, while enjoying the spectacular countryside views in the summer.
At any time of year, we know your stresses will melt away the moment you arrive at the cottages in the tranquil heart of Loch Lomond.
Whether you’re ready for some much-needed R&R, want to reconnect with your partner, kids, or extended family, or want a luxurious base from which to take advantage of the many adventures Loch Lomond — and Scotland — have to offer…
East Cambusmoon facilities — at a glance
- Dogs are welcome! (maximum of 2)
- Kitchen — our well-equipped kitchens include everything you need to cook during your stay (including a dishwasher for easy clean up), plus a washing machine.
- On arrival, you’ll also find a basket of welcome goodies (including some fine Scottish produce as well as some homemade treats!)
- Bathrooms — both cottages have bath and shower options as well as heated towel rails.
- Linens — Duvets, bed linen, bathroom towels, and tea towels are provided.
- Entertainment — WiFi, Freeview TV, DVD player, and DAB radio are all available. Each cottage also has a selection of books and games, like Scrabble, chess, draughts, and cards (including some age-appropriate books and games for the kids).
- Thanks to our incredible insulation, the cottages are beautifully warm 24/7 but we do provide a basket of logs and kindling if you fancy putting the wood-burning stove through its paces.
- A patio area with a garden table, seating, and stunning views of the Campsie hills.
- Ample parking for cars — and EV charging points, free for use by guests.
- BBQs and fire pits for long summer evenings.
- Storage for bicycles and trailers (do give us a call if you want to bring a boat).
A selection of home-grown herbs for your use and eggs from our own hens (in season).
Please note: both properties are non-smoking.